JvB Consulting represents my freelance work as a commercial consultant and data analyst. Since the beginning of 2017 I consult and support companies in the following areas and tasks:
The following services focus on a long run increase of the profitability. My corresponding consultancy is based on the role as a commercial navigator who supports to improve and keep the overview about all relevant business figures. Within this way all potenials for optimization will be realized in a constructive and reliable manner.
Based on a conscientious and up-to-date financial accounting, a multitude of conclusive information can be generated. Their evaluation is the basis for any clarification of decisions that have an impact on the direction of action
- Creation of business plans including revision and tracking – for turning business ideas into figures
- Determination of required or desired product margins
- Calculation of actual outside capital requirements
- Creation of Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards: individualized cockpits that permanently display the key company values. For example – current sales, costs, depreciation or remaining vacation periods
- Forecasting: optional projections for any type of scenario
- Commercial as well as operational reporting, regular and custom-made – high-quality reporting includes recommendations for following actions
- Deviation analyses: cause determination and planning improvement
Foundations are layed in this area. An impeccable receipt flow and constant accounting provide the crucial overview, as this helps, among other things, to identify and minimize any risks.Since the finance authorities need this data anyway, I recommend an early and constructive use.
At the same time, this enables optimum debitor/creditor management and creates a planning basis for investments or reserves. Liquidity will also be increased through coordinated payments.
The management of entrepreneurial processes is subject to the requirement to mediate between structure and flexibility.
My approach to this is based on the principle of what Leonardo da Vinci once said “Simplicity is the highest level of perfection.”
- Determination of the actual situation: The recording and visualisation creates a basis for discussion with the aim of showing perspectives.
- Determination of optimization potentials: The identification and the resulting definitions of measures are the preconditions forrealising synergies, simplifications and savings
- Implementation: Support with realization of the measures planned, including monitoring, revision and readjustment.
The presentation of georeferenced data can be an effective tool for immense information gain. A specified map clearly conveys the facts of the situation unmistakably. According to the motto: Data beats opinion!
- Visualization: The detailed presentation of the relevant aspects of a sales region in relation to the already existing offer
- Analyses: The identification of over- and undersupplied regions, sales centres, customer density, frequency of use or area-related requirements
- Recommendations: Determination of the actual, regional requirements with regard to personnel or material deployment, further training or opening of branches
The amount of data generated in companies is usually large and very often not consistent. There are a number of possibilities to analyse the data material, may it besuperficial or by going for a deep dive. One can derive extremely valuable properties and information from data sets, these can, for example, be hidden cost pushers for material or services. With a high data quality, it is also possible to provide serious arguments for strategic business decisions.
Consulting and support for the implementation and configuration of an ERP system for accounting and inventory management; in parallel development of a business intelligence structure as well as conducting a geo analytical study as a fundament for a sales strategy (SEL AG; 2017, completed)
Consulting for the implementation of an accounting software as well as account management and optimization of the order management process (2017-2018, completed)
My longterm and broad-based experience enables me to grasp complex contexts correctly and work out the essential aspects. To accomplish this, I dip into the specific DNA of the company and scrutinise the provided numbers to draw conclusions.
As a Hanseatic merchant, whose handshake counts, I prefer clear relationships, defined by straightforwardness, openness and honesty.For me, dialogue at eye level is an irreplaceable catalyst for successful cooperation.
Different analysis methods, the experience of a wide range of fields, custom-made mixtures of the services and the continuous readiness, to recognize complexities as such, allow me to serve the requirements of each customer individually.
Born and raised in Hamburg, straightforwardness, reliability and integrity are the pillars of my actions and as an economist, I’m familiar with looking at multi-layered contexts and analysing them as such.
In doing so I consider it key to success to combine structure with flexibility, so the advantages of both aspects can be achieved. Expression of this can be found in my special pleasure as a commercial navigator to simplify processes, to increase efficiency or to generate reliable statements from data.
The principle of my collaboration is the creation of a well-founded, mutual trust, which in my opinion is a requirement for achieving success together.
- Commercial employee at DATEC pro GmbH (2005)
- Administrator at SHGB (2006 -2007)
- Student assistant at the Max-Planck-Institute for metereology (2007 – 2009)
- Wind and site engineer at anemos-jacob GmbH (2009 – 2012)
- Commercial consultant at Nordex Energy GmbH (2015 – 2017)
- Self-employed commercial consultant and data analyst (since 2017)
- A levels (2001)
- Apprenticeship as an IT consultant at DATEC pro GmbH (2003 – 2005)
- Studies of business sciences at the University of Hamburg (2006 – 2009, graduated Bachelor)
- Studies of Economics at the Stockholm University (2012 – 2014, graduated Master)
Mr Johannes von Bremen developed a full-scale business case for my company. His excellent work stood out due to his quick and deep understanding of the business wherefore he is an ideal sparring partner to identify and develop business models.
Johannes supported us with the design of our business case and enriched the financial planning with some ‘outside the box’ aspects. I am looking forward to the cooperation in new projects.
Mr von Bremen supported us during the first operational year with setting up the structures for accounting and controlling. He also conducted a geospatial analysis which was used as a fundament for a sales strategy and caused an increase in revenue. We are grateful for the competent and nice cooperation!
Johannes participated in a project for network optimization and due to his experience in geo analytics and visualizations we could increase our fleet utilization by a relevant number!
His competences, structural thinking and empathetic way are the reasons why Mr von Bremen is a highly recommendable partner in all questions regarding finance – as a company holder in the creative business just essential.
With his calm and friendly way but primary due to his knowledge Johannes quickly gained great acceptance at the client’s company. It has been a pleasure to create additional value being in a team with him.