JvB Consulting represents quality in modern and data-driven commercial consultancy. Since launching in 2016, I’ve been guiding and supporting companies across numerous sectors. My service focuses, above all, on achieving long-term increases in profitability.
Do you feel as if your company can optimize, but find it hard to pinpoint where?
“The JvB approach is centred on my role as a commercial navigator who enhances both strategic manoeuvring and day-to-day operations with guidance and direction. Above all, I maintain a clear-eyed overview of all crucial and ongoing business dynamics.” (Johannes von Bremen)
My constant credo is that data beats opinion.
Conscientious and modern financial accounting is JvB’s calling card.
We begin by collecting 100% of relevant financial and related data. Then we evaluate core business with reference to the following:
- Creating, tracking, and revising business strategy – converting plans and forecasts into results
- Determining of required or desired product margins
- Calculating of current outside capital requirements
- Creating Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards – individualized cockpits that display key company figures, incl. current sales, costs, depreciation or remaining vacation periods
- Forecasting optional projections for any scenario
- Producing innovative commercial and operational reports which include data-driven recommendations for future decisions
- Deviation analyses – cause determination and planning improvement
The foundations of quality are laid here. Impeccable receipt flow through a stellar accounting system – this is a crucial first step to identifying and minimizing risks.
This simultaneously enables optimum debtor/creditor management and creates a planning framework for investments or reserves. Liquidity is increased through coordinated payments.
In today’s rapidly shifting business landscape, process control is a delicate balancing act between structure and flexibility.
My approach is based on Leonardo da Vinci’s principle:
“Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication.”
- Define current situation: A clear and visual analysis forms the base of all productive discussion
- Define optimization opportunities: The project blueprint for simplifying and synergizing savings
- Initiate: Implement these projects into the business. Monitor and revise to schedule
Georeferenced data is an effective and underutilized tool for gathering information. A clear-cut map precisely conveys the facts of the situation – and JvB, as always, is your skilled navigator. With an atlas of data, the road ahead becomes clearer for your business.
- Visualization: A detail-rich presentation of a sales region. Customize it to include the most relevant features of an existing offer or deal
- Analyses: Identify over- and undersupplied regions, sales centres, customer density, frequency of use or area-related requirements
- Recommendations: Determine the current regional demand with regard to personnel or material deployment, further training or branch openings
Companies generate huge amounts of data, often a lot of which is inconsistent or flawed. Extremely valuable insights can be derived from these data sets, like hidden cost pushers for material or services.
Only with clean and quality data can you make tactical and intelligent business decisions. JvB builds out a future-proof data structure for your operation, and is your guide for discovering the business jewels within.
Consulting and support for the implementation and configuration of an ERP system for accounting and inventory management; in parallel development of a business intelligence structure as well as conducting a geo analytical study as a fundament for a sales strategy (SEL AG; 2017, completed)
Consulting for the implementation of an accounting software as well as account management and optimization of the order management process (2017-2018, completed)
My extensive and broad experience in consultancy allows me to quickly understand complex business circumstances and deftly act on the elements most essential to future success. To accomplish this, I dip into the unique DNA of the company and scrutinise the numbers to arrive at conclusions.
As a Hanseatic merchant, whose handshake counts, I value clear relationships, defined by straightforwardness, openness and honesty. For me, dialogue at eye-level is an irreplaceable catalyst for successful cooperation.
Different methods of analysis, experience in a wide range of fields, custom-built fusions of services…
These offerings, along with a constant readiness to recognize complexities and adapt accordingly, allow me to serve the requirements of each customer individually and with the utmost professionalism.
Born and raised in Hamburg, straightforwardness, reliability and integrity are chief traits in business and beyond. As a trained economist, I’m adept at examining complex situations and analyzing them with a critical eye.
While structure is essential to my style of work, I equally recognize the value of flexibility and adaptability. From this dual approach, along with my specific skills, comes my proud role of the “commercial navigator”.
Above all, perhaps, is that each of my collaborations are based on mutual respect and a core of unshakeable trust.
- Self-employed commercial consultant and data analyst (since 2016)
- Commercial consultant at Nordex Energy GmbH (2015 – 2017)
- Wind and site engineer at anemos-jacob GmbH (2009 – 2012)
- Student assistant at the Max-Planck-Institute for metereology (2007 – 2009)
- Administrator at SHGB (2006 -2007)
- Commercial employee at DATEC pro GmbH (2005)
- Studies of Economics at the Stockholm University (2012 – 2014, M.Sc.)
- Studies of business sciences at the University of Hamburg (2006 – 2009, B.A.)
- Apprenticeship as an IT consultant at DATEC pro GmbH (2003 – 2005)
- A levels (2001)
Mr Johannes von Bremen developed a full-scale business case for my company. His excellent work stood out due to his quick and deep understanding of the business wherefore he is an ideal sparring partner to identify and develop business models.
Johannes supported us with the design of our business case and enriched the financial planning with some ‘outside the box’ aspects. I am looking forward to the cooperation in new projects.
Mr von Bremen supported us during the first operational year with setting up the structures for accounting and controlling. He also conducted a geospatial analysis which was used as a fundament for a sales strategy and caused an increase in revenue. We are grateful for the competent and nice cooperation!
Johannes participated in a project for network optimization and due to his experience in geo analytics and visualizations we could increase our fleet utilization by a relevant number!
I had the possibility to cooperate with Johannes in the context of an international Go-to-market strategy, which was developed for a global OEM. Especially with the analysis and visualization of the data reflecting the design target group he added immense contribution to the success of the project based on his experience and precision. Thank you for the great cooperation and I am looking forward to further joint projects.
His competences, structural thinking and empathetic way are the reasons why Mr von Bremen is a highly recommendable partner in all questions regarding finance – as a company holder in the creative business just essential.
With his calm and friendly way but primary due to his knowledge Johannes quickly gained great acceptance at the client’s company. It has been a pleasure to create additional value being in a team with him.
I commissioned Johannes for my company to outsource the topic of accounting and controlling. The results are outstanding and now I can use the time gained for other projects. Johannes is a very pleasant contact, both professionally and personally.